page updated 2nd March 2017
The Platu Open regatta is the third regatta of four, making up the “Platu One Design Championship of Thailand”. It will be held at the Ocean Marina Yacht Club, Pattaya, two hours South of Bangkok by motorway.
In 2017 it will be held on 30th July and 1st and 2nd July.
The 30th will be a mini regatta of 3 races to provide foreign crews the chance to check out the conditions, get the crew up to speed and enjoy a mini regatta, but still allows crews with limited time to take part in the 2 day regatta proper.
PLATU OPEN Regatta
OCEAN MARINA YACHT CLUB, PATTAYA ,THAILAND
30th June and 1st/2nd July 2017
NOTICE OF RACE …..as at 30 January 2017
also available at www.yachtsinthailand.com see Championship 2017/Transworld 2017 section
The racing is organised by the Platu National Class Association in conjunction with Ocean Marina Yacht Club under the auspices of the Yacht Racing Association of Thailand. They will be held in the waters off the Ocean Marina, Na- Jomtien, Thailand.
All enquiries should be addressed to: Mr. Kevin Scott
E-mail: [email protected] Please state “Platu Cup” as the subject. Telephone: +66 (0) 878 25 00 11
- The Regatta will be governed by: The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS),The Platu 25 Class Rules 2011 as amended by the NCA of Thailand. This Notice of Race as amended by the Sailing Instructions.
- No national prescriptions shall apply.
- Between the hours of local sunset and sunrise the International Rules for Preventing Collisions at Sea shall apply.
- The ISAF Special Regulations Appendix J, Category 5 Special Regulations shall apply to all yachts. These shall include, but may not be restricted to the following: yachts must carry a suitable engine and adequate fuel, anchor and towing lines as well as lifejackets for all crew. The participating yachts must adhere to reporting schedules, minimum drinking water requirements, if any. Additional safety rules, if any, will be available from the organizing committee before racing.
- All yachts must have a functioning VHF Marine Band Radio, capable of monitoring channels 16 and 72.
- Advertising on a boat or by its crew is permitted in accordance with the ISAF advertising code, formerly known as Category C.
- The Organizing Committee may require all participating boats to display the event sponsor’s advertising on the first 20% percent of the hull and the first 20% of the mainsail boom plus a sponsor’s flag of maximum size 500 mm x 750 mm on the backstay.
- The Sailing Instructions will be available at registration & at www.yachtsinthailand.com / Transworld 2017 section, at least one week before the event.
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
- Entry fee will be 7,500 baht (214 USD) per boat plus 1,500 (52 USD) party costs per crew member.
- 30th June 2017 Mini Ragatta
- 09.00 – 17.00 hrs registration, measurement and boat preparation
- 11.30 hrs Skippers briefing for mini regatta
- 13.00 hrs First Warning signal of Mini Regatta of 3 races
- Free beer after racing
- This is the proposed schedule for the event. However the Organizing Committee reserves the right to amend this schedule, and any other rules, with the Sailing Instructions
1st July 2017…. RACE DAY 1
08.00-09.30 Registration and weigh in
09.30 skippers briefing for Platu Open Regatta
11.00 First warning signal ….maximum of 6 races
Free beer after racing and a buffet style meal
2nd July 2017 ..RACE DAY 2
11.00 first warning signal… maximum of 4 races
Free beer after racing and awards presentation.
- The racing area will be in front of the Ocean Marina Pattaya. A description of courses to be used will be issued at registration. The courses will be inshore or coastal windward leewards at the discretion of the organizers. The course(s) will be chosen to take into account the prevailing, or forecasted weather conditions on the day of the race.
- The regatta will be scored as provided in Appendix A of the Racing Rules using the Low Point system except the last race of the regatta will be a double points scoring race. Races will be approx.. 30 minutes duration. Three races shall be completed to constitute a series. No drop scores.
- Maximum 10 races.
- CLASS SYSTEM
- The Platu 25 Class Rules 2011 as amended by the Thailand National Class Association shall apply. Both available on www.yachtsinthailand.com
- Yachts shall be liable for inspection in accordance with applicable safety and measurement requirements.
- A Jury shall be appointed in accordance with RRS Appendix M.
- Decisions of the jury shall be final as provided in rule 70.5.
- Any number of the jury may be available by video link only.
- Trophies shall be awarded to the first three boats.
- A trophy for the first “Controlled Sails Division ” boat, subject to two entries. see note 3 below.
- The Organizing Committee, the Race Committee, the Regatta sponsors and their representatives, officers, members and volunteers accept no liability whatsoever for any loss of life, property, personal injury, or damage caused by or arising out of the Regatta. Participants compete entirely at their own risk.
- The Yacht Racing Association of Thailand hereby prescribes that, advertising is allowed pursuant to the ISAF Advertising Code, formerly known as Category C. However, prior approval of the Organizing Committee of the Regattas shall be required for any advertising in addition to that permitted by ISAF.
- Without limitation, the Organizing Committee is expected to disapprove any advertising it deems in conflict with Thai laws or customs and may disapprove advertising in conflict with the products of event sponsors.